Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Kochi diary 2018

कोची डायरी
In 2018, It was my 12th journey to Kerala since 12.1.1984 but it was after
16 years last on 2,
2, 10 2002. I had always done NMO work but I made a point to meet Gisy whenever possible and out if seven such visits to her home in first and last I could not meet her or her husband Dr. Kurian.
This time it was a 1973 batch mate meet and I had suggested to them to pre or post fix with
APICON Feb 7-10,2019 which would have been convenient to many of our physician friends but they did not heed and I had thought not to go as on 30.11I had to be at Shimla but Dr. Virendra and some other wanted me to be present and particularly Gisy wrote a line that Dhanakar had always lectures somewhere so he could escape one that I decided to go Kochi just to after my lecture at Shimla on contribution of Hindus in evolution of Science and Dec. 1 morning I was at Kochi. Since on wall despite information by Gisy none had shown reaction I thought myself persona mom grata and not to give pain to anyone for myself and from the airport I went straightway to Adi Shankara temple, after my bath and puja there I posted some of the pictures on Facebook that Dr. Kirtinath Jha asked me as to where I was though even otherwise I was to come to the village I was directed by Gisy to reach KSRTC stop where Dr. RANI would recognise me.
I got down at the Union Bank of India to submit my life certificates for EPF and then advanced to Kurian Hall on TD Road in scorching sun for me coming from chilly Shimla in a DHOTI.
Her driver picked up me and soon I was at the Village about which Dr. KURIAN had talked probably to me many years back when Airport too was about to come up.
When I entered the Village a political phone call came and it took some. Minutes to conclude that before I could be clasped by none other than Dr. Ashutosh Sharan who had agreed first हो host such meet at Motihari about a decade back but I was insistent for Darbhanga.
On 2.11.2012 I had visited Jamui with the proposal of a batch meet and Drs Lalit. ANUPAM and Anjani had come to Dr Top's house and had discussed a meeting even at Jamui and had opened up a column in my excel sheet for 1973 friends which was only of a few and in fact whole credit goes to widely enlarge that to the completion by DR. LALIT who on the advent of WhatsApp group provided a platform for us to exchange our views and finally a successful meet at Patna APRIL 2-3,2016 where being time pressed I could come only for sometime and had to take a train at 4 pm same day. Afterwards some of my remarks were misunderstood by some friends and I was bitterly criticized that I was this time also was scared and had planned to have short presence.
I put my bag in the office where the staff seeing me in dhoti must have understood me someone non-doctor with or for anyone.
Seeing sandle on nasalbridge I asked one his name which was a Christian name and enquired whether sandle was used by them too to which he replied that since some celebration was in the Village he HAD.
In fact, Kerala has three RC Churchez:the Syro-Malabar, the Syro-Malankara. and the Latin Catholic. Dr. PLACCID PODIPERA defines Kerala Christians as, Hindus by culture, oriental by liturgy and Christians by faith,'
Since Gisy had made a dress code I had come prepare with Mithila dress including a HEADGEAR(पाग PAAG).
Soon there were greetings and exchanges.
A young lady guessed me Dhanakar uncle you are... She had gone with me to Shankaracharya temple 30 yrs back- they were doctors now gynecologist heir daughters of Gisy.
Dr. RAMANji was there with graceful Saroj. I requested him to write on Dr. NPMishra and Dr. BNDASGUPTA so that a book can be on them.
Rita was there with whom I had long talk when I was at her house at Patna.
A lady asked me as to who she was, Meena' I told impulsively and was correct and saw her husband first time there.
Dr Achow and his wife came from North East and after two years assured such meet there.
Prativa asked me whether I was Dhanakar? She spoke in British accent in introduction for her we all would have been having Scottish semi-literate accent of Indian English or Bihari English.
To other I asked wad she Lata and so she was.
Saw Anima xess and Anita Topno also. Anita asked my degrees and exclaimed to know I did DCH also after my MD(Gen Med) She told me that in the introduction I was to speak first but probably had to be changed under some pressure?
Drs. PK Singh, Dr
MAHASHRAY Dr. Alok Dr. AJAY K JHA. DR. Kirtinath, Dr KKAgrawal and Dr. Lalit k Singh all were there.
Lunch time it was and I was thinking not to take bring strict vegetarian but Gisy insisted for you veg is and rememberimg her Aluva IMA dinner where I had not taken and she had to cook again for me... I took whatever veg items there.
I do not remember pleasantries with many other friends but was pleased to see facies in green serene The Village on a village of evergreen Kerala.
After lunch LALITJI and Ajay Jha asked me to go to their room which I found cosy and well maintained.
Wr talked a lot. LALITJI went somewhere and time of formal meeting approached and as I was supposed to be first speaker we were in time with PAAG on my head.
Gisy introduced to me a senior doctor her uncle who was also a alumnus of DMC of 1959 batch
He had his BSc from MS College Motihari. His classmate Dr. SHAHI became first doctor as Lt
GENERAL We talked about several legendary teachers of DMC, particularly Dr. Tiwary of Obs Gynae.
After some late the introduction started well anchored by Dr Anita Topno who had many adjectives for each of us. Everybody spoke somethong
GHANSHYAM sang a song.. Ashu called himself a child. Lalit narrated the troops of finding each one of us for four decades and wished to meet at Darbhanga.
Dr SHIKHA AND DR. Baldev a pair from DMC spoke greetings from Patiala . DR. Ujit was from Madhepura and so on. Kirti invited to come Puducherry .
Dr Raman ji our IMA leader gave a chaste oration. After many when I was called I started speaking in the language of Darbhanga Maithili which was hinted by Gisy that nobody would understand though she was wrong as we had passed from there I changed to Hindi via Sanskrit and thanked them on behalf of Mithila that they were educated there and wished in next life too we become doctors and study at Darbhanga.
I sought apology for not much mixed with them as I was a day-scholar leaving in RSS office till it was sealed in the National Emergency in 1975 and then lived in West hostel first with seniors and then with juniors.
I asked them to give me their love only not the shawl, etc which was difficult to carry and nor having even house being incessant traveller to keep all those on which Gisy said the plaque will have to take and I took that.
I forgot to mention that that I was the birthdate of Maharaja Rameshwar Singh whose donation made the DMC as well as BHU, PWMC, etc. whose big portrait used to वे on our physiology department.
After introduction from a kalakshetra artists came to present variety of dances etc but after Ganesh stuti I silently left the hall without disturbing anyone and took my bag from the reception and walked the village to get auto after a kometer to go to KSRTC stand depicting the changes Kerala gave in past decades and got a bus for the temple town Trissure where next day had darshan at Guruvayoor and on third at vadakkanthan before I returned Kochi to take a flight for Delhi seeing KG hospital in the way with many sweet memories of yesterdecdes.

No comments: