Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Inauguration of the office of the AMP, Jharkhand State

Inauguration of the office of the AMP, Jharkhand State

On 14.10.2008, around 10 am, teacher Amarnath Jha reminded me for inauguration of the Jharkhand State, AMP, office which I had deferred during Pitripksha on 21st September.
In fact, I had forgotten that and was under the Mithila-trans. I phoned many and expected around 10 in the hurriedly called function. There were a few more than that number. Ramekbal Snbgh ‘Vineet’, former deputy editor, the Ranchi Express, presided over the function crushed the coconut and we sang , ‘Jai Jai Bhairavi Asur Bhayauni…’and then had Makhan, Mithai and Pan on the eve of Kojagra.

He narrated how he had started Mathili Vikash Parishad in 1992 and had stimulated me to join that judging me a selfless person. Maheshwar Sah, VP,AMP, Jharkhand, Satish Chandra Mishra, President,AMP, Ranchi , Janardan Jha and Chandra prakash Jha from Ashoknagar , Ashoknagar, Ajay Kr. Jha, Secretary, AMP, Ranchi, Sanat Kr. Jha, Saharsa Mitra Mandal(AMP),Ranchi and me were persons came out of Harmu.
The room has been provided by Dharmeshwar Jha, a retd. Teacher expected that activities will boom from there.
Dhirendra Mishra, retd. IAS, VP, AMP, Jharkhand, though could not come due to last minute problem wished good work of AMP in his inaugural message on mobile.

Local workers were there like Rajni Kant Choudhary, a senior lawyer, Maharudra Jha who had recently organized my meeting at his village Nagdah ,Pramod Jha, Bhogendra Jha etc. and notably Achutanand Thakur, an old uncle of mine from my village whose daughter in law Kusum Thakur had greeted me in the day on completion of my cycle yatra in Mithila. I mentioned her name to him and he was delighted. He recalled in 1996 when at Madhubani he had seen some activities on my ancestral land where in that evening Jaykant Mishra from Allahabad had said,”without Mithila state Maithili and Maithils have no future,” I read that in this morning while collecting issues of Maithili Sandesh.

Everyone wished a good work of AMP. Advocate Chandra Prakash Jha who has keen interest in books and ancient treasures of Mithila was designated Office secretary who would open office every evening.

The address of office is: Behind D-110, MIG, Arvindnagar, Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi 834002 (only 3 minutes walk from Sahjanand Chowk).

Hope soon the area will be identified reversely not by the Jangbahadur khatal and no one would have trouble of searching the place like we had.

In the end we took Oath as AMP worker and repeated Mithila Prayer of Baidyanath Mishra ‘Yatri.’

No comments: