Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pooja Puja Kumari Ghosh and friends in Kho-Kho ground

Pooja Puja Kumari Ghosh and friends in Kho-Kho ground

On 9.5.2009, I happened to visit once more kho-kho ground of Jaspal Singh Stadium, Ranchi to distribute certificates to trainees who will go many states in tournaments. Being president of the district association, I felt I was not very fit as president has to manage many things which I may not fulfill.
When I asked to hands up those who had visited out state thrice or more there many hands.Puja Kumari Ghosh, of Kendriya Vidyalaya, a beautiful school girl coming from Deepatoli was the first to narrate her visits to Sihore(MP), Jallandhar(Punjab), Prakasham(AP), Jaipur(Rajasthan). She also said that the field here at Ranchi was not good. She had priority of school board examination than sports and she wanted my consent on her statement which I was reluctant to offer as sports too maybe a career. After all son of the employee of my company, MECON Ltd. I work, Dhoni is most VIIP of the state who lives just 10 quarters away from me but he is world known not me having the best degrees one can think for!
Preeti Kerketta of St. Anne had played at Indore(MP), Jallamdhar(Punjab), Jaipur(Rajasthan), W.Bengal,Aurangabad (Maharshtra). She said that despite being under 10 they could not go higher as our training infrastructure is poor.
Medha Kirti Minj had been to MP,WB and Tamilnadu.
Soni Toppo, a player since 2004 had been to AP,MP,WB, TN.
Sangita , a player since 1997 had been to Kolkata, jallandhar,AP,MP, Rajasthan
Omprakash had played at Sagar(MP0, WB, Maharashtra.
Altogether 26 girls and 16 boys got certificates from my hand and I was pleased that here girls outnumbered boys. I said them to play and study together.
They had line up and counting. They had to go distant.
When all were going touching my feet, I said seeing Puja that she sang also. She asked me that how I could know. I replied, “ from your face.” She was only one who used net and I am writing this blog for that little girl who will be happy to find her name on Google search with this blog though I am two days late in posting it.
Next day I saw the news in local paper which could find place despite running IPL. Sometimes I think whether I am fit to be their president from whom they expect many things- good field, poles, infrastructure, drinking water facilities, jersey , etc. which hardly I could provide. Ajay Jha, the young man behind this game here at Ranchi has made a name of kho-kho with his sheer devotion and he had requested me to be president before I had left for Bangalore in 2006. maybe three times only I had visited the field but surely I will watch news coming these boys and girls from Goa they are going to play this month for which consent form Ajay Jha was distributing.
I also knew this time that Atya-Patya was standing kho-kho. Kho-Kho I had played in my childhood in RSS shakha and I feel kabaddi or kho-kho should be our national play.
When I had entered the field I saw large number of youth playing with a boll with hands which they said was rugby which I was not aware of. Most of them were Punjabis from Punjab regiment of Army who in fact had come their for physical exercise but they were wrestler in fact.
All such plays make us healthy and promote national integration and that I saw when every member of kho-kho team said, “Bharmata ki Jai,” before they disbursed from the line.

No comments: