Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tirhuta at Darbhanga junction

Tirhuta at Darbhanga junction


Recently I had seen Darbhanga junction was written there in Tirhuta but that was as if a mere formality written in a small corner of Station pillar after Hindi, English and Urdu. It was after a protest by me as spokesman of the Anarrashtriya Maithili Parishad in a Darbhanga Press conference where Pramod Kr. Jha,President Mithila Vikas Party also present who had informed me that a journalist present in our conference had put the same question before GM of Railways next day who promised that announcement in Maithili will be done soon which I was informed that had also been implemented there. That story started when on the previous night of the press conference we were waiting at Madhubani station for Dhuriya Passenger after visiting Benipatti and attending Vidyapati Parva at Madhubani(where though I had gone seeing news in newspaper, I was honoured and was given time to speak before leaders of many parties including Shri Hukum Deo Yadav.
Pramodji tolld me that the ASM was talking on railway phone including official instructions in Maithili. Since the train had crossing I got time to him and asked for suggestion book to enter announcements in Maithili but he did not give that to me saying I should rather write directly to higher official. It has prompted me to ask for Maithili announcement in Mithila in the press conference and ultimately it was done.
It shows that despite recognition in VIII Schedule of Indian Constitution, Maithili’s path is not easy till we have Mithila state. Chhattisgarhi is not in the VIII Schedule but railway announcement and radio news are done in it because it has a state. When Orissa was carved out in 1936 some 150 Oriya magazines started within a year or two.
So, Maithili cannot be developed till has a state and our goal is that.

No comments: