Monday, March 19, 2012

Sandhy Maithili Goshthi,Patna 18.3.2012,

Sandhy Maithili Goshthi,Patna 18.3.2012,
I am just back from the PPM 2012. It is the graciousness of its organizer Narendra kuma Jha that I became attached to that and he attracts me there for the sake of a Mithila meeting and it gives me an opportunity to meet and present my view to the students and intellectuals of Patna for many previous years.

I just got the news there of the Sandhya Goshthi from someone and decided to go there. Nagendraji a Simariaghat Kumbh organiser was there and asked me for dinner at his house. I deided to took lunch/dinner puri packet there in the backyards.
Chunnuji took me to Kankarbagh. The lady, Premlata Mishra, the first Mithil lady to stage at Patna runs it where Maithili-maghi-Bhojpuri poets assemble.
I had been there on 22.5.2011 also for addressing Maithils when I had gone to Bahadurpur on the call of Nagendrji for Simariaghat Kumbh controversy created by Kishor Kunal.
What a coincidence- again on 18th March I was there and had to go to Nagendraji’s jouse for Ekadashi dinner.
And double coincidence on first visit I had recited there my Maithili translation of Jagjanani Jai Jai and Jai Ambe Gauri and today I had with me Maihtili Hanuman Chalisa!
Given chance by president Vijay narayan Jha , director, Energy Interantional, hailing from Milki of Vaishali district I presented my views before reciting Chalisa. I spoke that all Indian Languages were ours and we were proud that we were born in a mother tongue which had got the status of BHASHA long before which is for any language, dialect+ grammar+ literature and it takes hundereds of years of literary labour to make anyu dialect a language. Maihtili is a prould language having 4 Ramayanas(one by Ramlochan Sharan I have not seen but commented Chartanand singh
Batukbhai’ that he was present in its releasing ceremony. I stressed it needs republication.
I appealed our writers to conserve our heritage and have a friendly relation with local dialects and surprisingly there were two in the audience Mrityunjay Mishra ‘karunesh’ from hilsa(Nalanda) and Ankischandraji from Bhojpur who too who later sang many gajals in sonorous voices.
Vijaynath Jha’s Vasantgan was so sonorous and pure tone of Maihtili that nobody would say that his forefathers had migrated to Siddharthnagar 8 generation(nearly 230 years) back.
Th Kashinath Mishra of Mahrail and Vinod kumar Jha of Mahathwar could sing in my presence.
Others present there Gamnesh Jha of Nawada-baigni in darbhanga, batukbhai, Rajnikant Choudhary of Mujauna, samastipur, Dinesh Mishra of Dhamiapatti, and Dr. Indrakant Jha( a great admirer of Dr. Bhubaneshwar Pd. Gurumaita’s work on varnratnakar) must have made the goshthi vivacious after my depart on getting call of nagendraji that he had come on raod to pick me up.
In the informal talk when Mrs. Prem seconded Batukbhai that money makes any programme livid I objected that any programme is dependent on workers not money. In the same token they had talked that in initial days they used to collect Rs.11 from many for the Chetna Samiti which to their opinion as loosing its pristine glory.
When asked to deliberate I did not though I would ahve liked to sday that the Goshthis should have been rotational otherwise she would remain a lone ‘woman/man” among the men. There was no other lady. Why not community participation was stressed is a matter of serious concern.
I would have been rude if would have told Dr. Umesh Mishra’s views that Maihtils should not wrote article in Hindi magazines(they should where Bengla etc. Were also invited). True, now Maihtili is out of Hindi clamp but Hindisation of Maihtili had already been too a great extent though I pointed to that I feel a laxman rekha is a must in such rprogrammes as it deteriorates the quality. We must welcome all, not only of Hindi but all available languages’s writers and poets and then at occasions such Goshthis would be more learning tool.
One of the participant after urduised gazal commented that I had hinted in my poetry collections of Hindi, Hindi Tum Bolte ho Tum Musalman Ho.’
Maihtils need not to remain in ghettos in literature or movement but also do not need clutches.

No comments: