Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why to do social work

Why to do social work

On March 14th evening a patient came to me whom I was knowing a PUCL activist and we discussed many things. With me was a guest from Kanpur, an ex-commandant in CRPF and now perusing some job in handloom sector and is also working for the Antarrashtriya maithili parishad.
I conveyed them my experience with the little Asansol girl who wished to work for the poor to which the PUCL activist said unless political education a child cannot work for the society.
My own view is that politics can never train one for social work though in a democratic country every work is political however let the meaning of 'political' be restricted to 'partisan politics,' particularly if one is pursuing for his/her own gain that in other word will mean 'political education' of a community or a region or nation is not 'political work' if it is intending to empowerment of a group and in the same token if one worked for any underprivileged group or area(like for Mithila I have been working since 1992 despite a being a national level work of the RSS school) is in fact a national work because such areas are responsible for lower development indices of the nation and or humanity as a whole and hence, such work are also altruistic in nature and if you are a believer, it is a 'divine work.'

I feel one should work for the society without thinking anything in return though gradually one gets name and fame out of that. A social worker should never mix his financial aim with such work and should not be in haste. Means are as important as goals.
I remarked to that fellow that I do not believe there was anything like ‘Gandhism’ (is any thing like’Ambedkarism’ rather they were the Hindu thought which is essentially a ‘human thought’ nonetheless Hindus were subjected to all sorts of terror and hence, Lord ram’s ‘Agratah sakalam Shastram, Prishtah Sasharam dhanuh( having all scriptures in front one should have bows with arrow on the back) as I was written in the insignia of the Bihar School examination Board which I had passed in 1970.

No comments: