Monday, November 24, 2008

Coincidence : Maithili and Sunil Rai of samstipur at Ranchi.22.11.2008

Coincidence : Maithili and Sunil Rai of samstipur at Ranchi.22.11.2008
I was called by Indrakant of Tengraha village for his mother’s barshi..first I thought it was Irafan, a boy from Jhanajharpur who had appeared in merit examination and had left the camp despite my hint at Baira Parsa where I was about to announce a monthly scholarship for him.
At Indrakant’s house Mahidharji was present whose father Raghvacharya was a revolutionary poet of Mithila.. After bhoj, he came to my house and I started for his house just to walk. In the way I went to NN Jha and DN Jha’s house to invite them for my father’s chhaya on 26th. Then we went to Forest colony for meeting Dinesh Jha son of Dr. L.N. Jha, a senior worker of AMP at Saharsa. We were returning and Mahidharji had to attend a marriage for which he needed an envelop with a coin. We went to side shop and as we were talking in Maithili the shopkeeper also interrupted us in Maithili. He was Sunil Rai and I guessed he was from Samastipur that he was indeed. He was interested to attend any Maithili meeting and expressed his view that until we speak Maithili with our children they will not! I invited him for next day’s meeting(though he could not come- I will see he attends a nearby meeting) was not this introduction for Mahidharji and I was talking in Maithili.

No comments: