Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dhanbad_II_23.8.2010:units should work even in the absence of one or other senior worker

Dhanbad_II_23.8.2010:units should work even in the absence of one or other senior worker

It was my 18th visit of Dhanbad since 19.1.0.1992 when I visited Dhanbad with Babu Saheb Choudhary for Maithili meeting when I had just entered in to Maithili work and in those visits only three times these was not for Maithili work. My last visit was barely one month back when I had hope that some persons capable of understanding organizational priorities had come to such a meeting to forge the AMP.
Dhanbad has a record of good Maithili work from many angles and AMP had its X International Maithili Conference during Feb.1-2,2003 (after several postponements, as a mark of respect to the IISCO, GM, SN Choudhary who was a great Maithili lover.
Dhanbad is the closet Maithili centre for Mithila work out of Mithila and I wished a strong unit helping Mithila state movement.
On 18th July 2010 at Binodpur Durgasthan next meeting was fixed on 23rd August after much deliberation and they wished me to come again to which I was reluctant but I had not given this date any other place since I always wished a good work at Dhanbad.
I contacted Mithilishji and he was not in favour of my visit as convenor Navinji’s one of the kin had expired at Jamshedpur and advised me to talk who told me that he would be returning by 22nd evening and the meeting would be held. Feeling his engagement in sad rites I phoned three others persons present there in the previous meeting and they asked me to come.
To take a train in the morning I slept a bit early and getting up 5 am I did my puja etc. and particularly it was my birthday as per Hindu calendar.
I reached Hatia station in time and the passwenger to Dhanbad was placed on platform 1. The rear coaches would have been comfortable to me but a psychological fear of rear coaches smashed in the Vananchal accident the last day I was to take up that train at Dhanbad, I went 3 caoches ahead and there too not finding both fans moving in the warm and humid morning I advanced further two coaches.
When the train started I informed Priya, daughter of my younger sister that she missed to greet me on my janmtithi though she was almost awoke at the stroke of midnight of my English birthday!
And I had talks with some other workers- a lecturer at Simdega College who had once met me in an auto and I invited him for Sanskrit Divas programme on 24th August at my residence when he said that he would not be going Simdega on 24th where Dr.Guneshwar Jha would be going.
A young person was listening to me in Maithili and later he asked my introduction. He was S K Mishra from Garhi, Bangaon and we could find some common references. He is working at Ranchi in Tata Insurance after having his B Sc(Physics Honours) and MBA from some institute at Ahmedabad, Close to him was a sweet girl who was working in the same profession after her B Com (Ist yr.) and was to appear for her second year. Her father had expired just four months back and her mother was running shop at Chas. They belonged to Sitamrhi town. She was not able to talk in Maithili. I offered them guavas purchased from a tribal woman venodor.
Time passed and we passé through the green picturesque Tatisilway- Silli rail route. I had concted Anil Mishra of Muri but he was in way to Varanasi and I gave him contacts to have a meeting there.
I narrated fellow boy and girl as to how a unit at Muri was started when I had gone to meet one of my friend and I recalled picnic on Swarnrekha sand.
And came Bengal for a while where phones are roaming for us and Priya . elder to neha greeted me and from Bokaro Nagina Prasad Mahto talked after long his number was changed.
At Bokaro the girl got down and I went to RMS to drop half of the packs of Maithili Sandesh and Aayrvugyan Pragati, the other half I dropped at Gomoh when we reached after some times crossing the river, Damodar, the most polluted river of the country and running in the sharp stony way which this year has no sufficient water due to much less rainfall.
Gomoh though named on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose due to long name people’s tongue has not catched. Always brief names are preferred- it should have been Netaji Gomoh Junction and though word’ Neta’ is most resented today, people have high regards for Netaji which means Subash Cahndra Bose only!
We reached Dahnbad and parted.
I went to Mithileshji’s house in DS Colony and then with son to Binodpur Durgasthan.where akhand Ramayana was going on. We came to Navinji’s house where after sometime Mithileshji came and he left for Durgasathan and had my r breakfast –in the meantime Navinji reached from Jamshedpur. I started for Durgasthan and Mithileshji had returned with two workers but I insisted we should go to the venue as some others might came. None of the two persons however came whom I had informed. We sat for a while on the grass there and then went to Binodji’s house nearby to have some talk and I asked them to fix other date which they were not taking seriously. I insisted that organizational work should continue even if main worker was not present and that is called organization. They did not like to take any decision without the convener Navinji who probably being tired or uninformed of the venue of our meeting did not came. Finally a date of 29th august was fixed for such a meeting. Though I will be on that day at Purnea and may not visit Dhanbad for some months let us watch whether the unit works spaontaneously.
I wish this change of mentality otherwise organization can not be forged. On 22nd at Begusarai , Mumbai and Shikohabad meetings of the AMP were held and I wish such meetings on every holiday at hundreds of places in and out Mithila and such huge number of meetings cannot be held unless the units work even in the absence of one or other senior worker and that can only evolve other workers – spoon feeding will not yied desired results.
True, I lost my one day with uncomfortable traveling at night in Vananchal Express again seeing rush in the Patliputra Express. My sister had warned me not to travel by Vananchal on the psychological fear of the accident on the previous journey but when that train was announced on other platform simultaneously, I went to that and could get upper space to sleep also though climbing there was an uphill task since it was converted from a sleeper to general coach.
In the morning reached my residence and went my chambers after daily rituals and am waiting whether the coincidental meeting with Maithil boy results in long lasting relation with organizational benefit or not and whether we may do something for the destitute Maithil girl which would be a bonus to Dhnabad’s trip which was not otherwise wasted as I could talk Mithileshji , his sons and their friend Satyajit of ISM.

No comments: