Monday, October 5, 2009

Bundelkhand’s Water crisis

Bundelkhand’s Water crisis

Though I am opposed to the ambitious Ganga-Kavery linking with interlinking of piennisular rivers, I feel Yamuna-Chambal interlinking may help parched Budelkhand which is making life there difficult.

When I discussed this with flood and water expert Dinesh K. Mishra he said that it may be a possibility though he has not studied much beyond Koshi and other rivers of Mithila.

Rahul’s espousing of Bundelkhand might have irked UP and MP CMs, problem of Bundelkhand is a reality.

I have been associated closely with Bundelkhand as two of my brothers were in that reason and also Chaumas , apublication by MP Govt. on Bundeli culture I am receiving regularly.

I wish some remeady to Budeli miseries do come in view, including statehood tot hat to press the problems on proper for a.


Dr. Dhanakar Thakur
Spokesman,
Antarrashtriya Maithili Parishad

No comments: