Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Trial of a Maithili Train

Trial of a Maithili Train

When I started for Darbhanga on 29th August 2009 night, one Maihtil P C Jha recognised me. Though I recollected that he was working in the CMPDI, Ltd, I could not remember that he was studying with my youngest brother at the IIT, Delhi. He informed me that son of Manoj Thakur, Gandhwari was shockingly dead after a fall from 7th floor in a mysterious condition at the Dayanad Sagar Engineering College at Bangalore on 13rd August. I talked Manoj to console him and asked my brother to request his friend an IPS at Bangalore for due investigation as it was shocking that Principal of the College even refused to meet father of dead boy.

The next morning Ramesh Kr. Kamat,( a boy from village Mahulia near Ladaniya, who had come to Ranchi after merit examination at Jaynagar on 13.6.2009 who was returning home as he was not a biology student but had come Ranchi a week before; he was also going to attend Nanur Maithil camp) and me started signature campaign in coaches for regularization of Jaynagar-Ranchi-Jaynagar special train. It was a lean period in which trial was taken by the railways as if it wanted to close the train, yet some 40 per cent reservations were done in that last ride of the train. I was angry as to why trial of Maithili train was done; incidentally I had demanded naming it Maithili Express as a regular train. It was a happy introduction with many enthusiastic Maithils who wanted trains to run regularly and incidentally I could spot son of Sushil Kumar Ray of Piska More who was going home with his bhabhi whose reception I had attended.

No comments: